CAREER READINESS PROGRAMS
As a First-Generation or Underserved Student...
As a first-generation or underserved student, our experiences and challenges are different; we are bicultural, multiracial, and encounter the glass ceiling, lack of mentorship, and the opportunity gap. Aspira Consulting provides culturally relevant career readiness programs that help first-generation and underserved students harness their cultural wealth, embrace their journey, and translate their experiences into a powerful career narrative. As a first-generation professional, Oscar Garcia has successfully overcome career pitfalls, blended his professional and bicultural identity, and today empowers others, so opportunities come to them.
Career Readiness Program
Our transformative 5-session Culturally Relevant Career Readiness Program is specifically designed empower first-generation and underserved students. This immersive program offers a wealth of relatable real-life examples, practical tools, and invaluable techniques to harness their unique cultural backgrounds and propel them towards success in their career development.
- How to Tell Your First-Generation Story to Get Hired
- Turning Adversity into Positive Career Traits
- Demystifying Networking
- How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome
- How to Successfully Interview Virtually
- How to reframe your personal journey into a powerful career narrative
- Turn adversity into positive career traits
- Leverage cultural wealth to build social capital
- Value your identity to overcome imposter syndrome
- Learn to market yourself to employers
Career Readiness Academy
Our Culturally Relevant Career Readiness Academy is a comprehensive 10-week program that provides students with a holistic career preparation. Our program teaches students how to embrace their personal journey and leverage their cultural wealth to develop a career strategy and techniques to attract job opportunities.
- Reframe your personal journey into a relatable career narrative
- Create and promote your career portfolio
- Build your professional brand
- How to create a first-generation LinkedIn profile
- Career Networking
- Create a targeted resume
- Communication etiquette
- Effective and efficient job search techniques
Are you looking for a DIY (Do it yourself) approach to teaching students our culturally relevant career readiness programs? We provide an easy, simple to implement, and hands-on certification program of our Career Readiness Program and Career Readiness Academy.